Restrict changing rank for specific issue types to project roles

padraik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2022

Hello - 

I am trying to figure out a way to define which issue types a user can re-rank by project role.

For example, we only want Product role users, to be able to change the rank of initiative and epic.  Manager and Developer role should be able to change the rank of Story/Bug/etc, but not initiatives and epics.

I have scriptrunner, with a growing knowledge of how to use it, but I can't see the solution yet.

Any ideas? 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2022

Hi @padraik 

For ranking there is a permission called "Schedule Issues" which can be assigned to a role, but is is not specific to an issue type.

May be you can use another project for Initiative and Epics? Then it should work.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

padraik
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2022

Is there a way to create a listener for rank change, and check the user's project role against the issuetype changed?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2022

A listener is too late - they will have made the change before the listener catches the event.  

You need to look at the users' schedule issues permission, as Ravi said.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2022

Hey @padraik ,

that's not possible to achieve. Ranking in Jira is permission-based, and permissions apply to projects and will include all issue types of that project.

Best, Max

Suggest an answer