Restrict back dated work log entries

Prakash Gajghate February 28, 2022

Greetings everyone,

I was checking if anyone can help me with our issue here.

1. We wanted to restrict all back dated entries. Users who have not logged their hours for a particular day will not be able to log the hours for previous days.

2. If this is available - Can this be restricted at project level? We manage multiple projects in JIRA and we wanted to know if this can be done at an account level or can be managed at project level as well.

Looking forward to some help and assistance. Thanks in advance for your time.

3 answers

0 votes
Arensa Prasta December 22, 2023

@Prakash Gajghate i wonder if you found a solution since then, as I am encountering the same issue now and would love to know if there is some built-in feature

0 votes
Alex Ortiz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2022

Hello,

You cannot restrict backdating the worklog hours out of the box.  If you use Tempo Timesheets, you can restrict based on the pay period, but anything is "game" as long as it's within the pay period itself.  Additionally, you could restrict users from editing their hours after they've submitted.  But, restricting them the way you described isn't possible to the best of my knowledge.

With respect to the restrictions at the project level, I recommend you look at your permission scheme.  There, you'll see that there's a section for worklog hours.  

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 5.47.01 PM.png

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2022

Hi @Prakash Gajghate ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

unfortunately you can't do that using builtin capabilities. You can limit logwork in a specif statuses through workflow properties but not based on time. My suggestion is to try Tempo Timesheet for JIRA. Using that plugin you can restrict logwork for a closed period. Period can be configured in tempo administration.

https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/THC/pages/295797361/Configuring+Periods+and+Start+Dates+for+Timesheets+-+Tempo+Server

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Suggest an answer