Resolution in Epic view

Szymon F April 23, 2020

Hi, I am wondering how I can improve the work of our engineers and there is a pain point when a lot of people are complaining. In the epic view, we have some linked tickets i.e. User Stories. Let's assume that every US is Done but not each was Done - some of them have a resolution Won't do. Is there a way to show which ticket has what resolution, can we add an extra column to show the resolution?

I also find some idea. Here is a Tooltip in Jira - when you hover on an element it (should) gives you some more details. Is it possible to change the msg in Tooltip from Status to show the Resolution?

PastedGraphic-3.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2020

You would need to amend code in the application to get the resolution into the tool tip.

If this really is a huge problem for you, then I would

• Amend the story workflow so that it includes a "won't do" status
  • Map that status into the "done" column on your boards
  • Move issues with "won't do" into the new status
Szymon F April 28, 2020

Thank you Nic for that. Unfortunately, I am very reluctant to add extra status. Going into the kernel of Jira as also not doable :)

Do we have any add on which will be able to present that information? Or mark somehow tickets that are not done. 

I am thinking about one extra workaround. In the transition, when a resolution != Done or Fix we can add a prefix in summary (i.e. [Out]) but is not what I am looking for

Suggest an answer