You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I have several filter results shown on my dashboard. By mistake I clicked on one of the column headings, now the gadget contents are sorted by that header. I don't want that (my filter has specific ORDER BY statements for that).
How do I remove the sort?
Do I really have to remove and re-add the filter results gadget??
Has anyone found an equivalent gadget without this issue or alternate solution?
This borders on being a very minor security problem, since it seems non-dashboard owners can make changes to an object they shouldn't have permission to change. Makes me wonder what other interactions could mutate data a user doesn't have permission to change.
My temporary solution was:
Hope is not a plan.
It would be great to have the clicking on column headings Sort Asc, Sort Desc, Remove Sort
My dashboard is for external customer stakeholders. I too was using the rank column. But I can't control what they click on.
Your solution is what I ended up doing as well. Except, I have to leave the Rank column visible. At least this gives the user a chance to get back to rank order.
If you edit that filter in the Issue Navigator (aka the filter issues list), you should be able to take your existing filter, click Advanced, and then remove the ORDER BY statement that was added behind the scenes when you clicked the column header. Save this filter and then your results on the dashboard shouldn't be affected by the auto-sorting.
I checked the issue navigator: the filter does not contain any additional ORDER BY statement after clicking the header. Removing the gadget (but leaving the filter) and then re-adding the gadget works. Just removing the column and adding it again to the gadget does not work. (This is JIRA 6.4)