Release warnings not working

Francisco José Rocha dos Santos July 27, 2020

I am trying to use the release warnings. I have 3 issues done, but one of them has an open pull request however, the issue doesn’t appear on the warnings tab.

Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 09.33.42.png

What am I missing?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2020

Hello Francisco,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When an issue has an open pull request, it should appear on the Warning tab as mentioned on the documentation:

With that said, I would like to know if you have enabled this type of warning. On the warning tab, click on "Manage warnings" and enable "Open pull requests".

Why can't I see any warnings?

Warnings will only display on the Release page if:

• Jira Software is connected to your Atlassian development tools, e.g. Bitbucket, Bamboo, Fisheye/Crucible; or GitHub. See Integrating with development tools for more information.
  • You have the 'View Development Tools' permission. See Permissions overview for more information.
  • Warnings are enabled. You can see which warnings are enabled by clicking the Manage warnings button.

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 17.40.52.png

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Francisco José Rocha dos Santos July 29, 2020

Hello Angélica, thank you for the quick answer.

I already enabled the "Open pull requests" option. Here is the screenshot.

Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 21.45.32.png

But after that, I still can't see any warnings. I notice that if try the following JQL, I can get the issue with status done and an open pull request.

statusCategory = done AND project = DEMO and fixVersion = 1.0.2 and development[pullrequests].open > 0

Regards,
Francisco.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2020

Thank you for the details, Francisco.

Testing on my local site, I was able to replicate the same issue. 

Based on that, I created a bug for our dev team to check what is causing this behavior:

Please, click on "This affects my team" and also Watch to receive future updates.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events