Regarding startof functions, do these functions work over month end boundaries

Jeff Castro September 2, 2022

I am curious as to whether startof functions work across month end boundaries.  I was using startOfWeek() in a query, trying to find items resolved from the start of the current week.  The query kind of worked, but since yesterday was 9/1, the only items returned were those resolved during the week in September.  So items resolved during the week, but prior to 9/1 were not returned.

Close on getting a query I want, but not quite there if the month end boundary matters.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2022

Hello @Jeff Castro 

When I use 

created >= startOfWeek()

...I am getting issues that were created on August 30 and 31. I'm workin on a Jira Cloud instance.

Are you working on Jira Cloud or Jira Server/Data Center?

Can you show us the filter you are using? Maybe something else is filtering out the issues from earlier in the week.

Jeff Castro September 6, 2022

Good morning @Trudy Claspill .  I think I did enter my question in the wrong forum as I do believe we are JIRA Cloud.

I ended up finding some success using startOfDay (-7d), which seemed to cross the month boundary.  Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events