Regarding smart commit, not showing comments in the comment section of jira ticket

Prateek Verma February 27, 2022

Hi ,

I have just integrated "smart commit" in Jira and github. Although, I am able to see the commit message in the separate "development" tab of Jira ticket, but I am not able to see those #comment #time in the comment section of Jira ticket.

So, my question is, does this feature exist that if I commit a message in git, that message coomet and time logs automatically shows in the comment section of individual jira ticket.

If this exist, please let me know, how can I resolve this issue.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2022

Hi @Prateek Verma ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

AFAIK this doesn't work like this. Time should be automatically logged in to the issue, but these are not Jira comments, so you won't be able to see the information in the comment section.

Prateek Verma February 28, 2022

But, the thing which I want is that, suppose I made a commit in the git like ->

git commit -m "ADOPS-131 information dashboard added"

so, now after commiting it, the message "information dashboard added" should automatically be updated in the comment section of the individual jira ticket.

Although this commit message is showing only in the development tab of jira ticket under commit section only.

So, is this thing possible? 

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2022

I believe I understood your request before. I don't think it is possible.

Prateek Verma March 2, 2022

okay, thank you so much Hana!

Suggest an answer