R4J - Requirements Management for Jira

Roberta Bortolotti May 24, 2022

Hi,

Does anyone know if this plug in can generate/export a word document based on a template that would fill in the sections with some specific requirements information?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213064/r4j-requirements-management-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

Does anyone know if this tool also integrates with Jira Align?

Do you recommend any other plug in that will management requirements, export documentation based on templates that you have used? Please share your experience.

Thank you,

Roberta

2 answers

1 vote
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 30, 2022

@Roberta Bortolotti To your "other plugin suggestion" ask:

Better PDF Exporter comes with a built-in template for requirements specification that generates PDF documents like this from Jira issues:

jira-software-requirement-specification.png

Give it a try and reach out to us if you have questions or would need to modify something!

(Please note that Better PDF Exporter is a supported and paid app, and I'm part of the team developing it.)

0 votes
Bernhard Doleschel _Ease Solutions_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2022

Hello @Roberta Bortolotti ,

I´m Bernhard from Ease Solutions, the vendor of R4J. 

Yes, with R4J you can define templates using MS Word for export generation of the R4J tree structure. Please see our documentation and demo-templates (you can use to create your own one to follow you corporate design) at  

If there is any question about it please don´t hesitate to contact our friendly support staff.

Best regards, Bernhard

Bukola Amodu October 5, 2023

Hello, Pls I have questions. I have a project where I need to use R4J as plugin to Jira. And i don't know the process of activating the R4J and also how to load. Is there any template or guide?

Bernhard Doleschel _Ease Solutions_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2023

Hello @Bukola Amodu ,

thank you very much for your question. 

To activate projects (your system admin can do it), you need to follow the documented steps. This depends  a bit on the used Jira system:

If you need additional help, please contact our friendly support team: https://support.easesolutions.com/ 

Also you can join our public R4J demos:

Best Regards,

Bernhard

Suggest an answer