Project level attribute

SR December 20, 2019

Hi,

I need to create a project level attribute which can be set once during project creation and editable like any other project attributes (by admins only). How can this be achieved in Jira? I am not looking for Issue level custom fields. this will not serve my purpose.

thanks,

SR  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2019

Hi @SR  

What type of attribute are you looking for? There is a way to set up "project categories" in the detailed settings of a project, but there is no way I'm aware of to add a custom attribute to your project outside of the existing fields. 

-Scott

SR December 20, 2019

We are already using Category to represent the Super org. I need a way to represent the sub orgs for the projects. Unfortunately, there is no way to create sub categories like a hierarchy.

Like Juan Pablo Vallejo likes this
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2019

Correct. For this you would need to use an add-on like Portfolio, Big Picture, Structure, etc. to create a Program and then assign the sub-orgs to it. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer