Project Keys

Jo.Clayton October 21, 2021

Hi, we renamed our board to one that was previously used by another team. We are now Digital Analytics (previously Digital Reporting) and the other team was Digital Analytics and they are now Measurement Solutions. The other team renamed their board from Digital Analytics to Measurement Solutions and they were able to update their key from DA to MS. Now our board has the correct name (Digital Analytics) when we try and update the key from DR to DA and we get the following error message: Project 'Measurement Solutions' uses this project key.
Anyone know how we can fix this issue? Thanks Jira Key.JPG

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2021

Hi Joanna - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Not sure about Server - hopefully the re-index will work. But with Cloud, the only way to reuse the same Project Key is to delete the original project in its entirety. Obviously you cannot do that, so you would not be able to reuse that key. 

0 votes
Evgeniy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2021

I had similar bug once, and after reindexing it has gone. Not sure, that reindexing will 100% help, but you can try.

p.s. I made project reindexing and total reindexing

Jo.Clayton October 21, 2021

Thanks @Evgeniy I have asked our jira admins if they can do this for me! Fingers crossed it works.

Evgeniy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2021

Please, let me know, if it helps :)

Suggest an answer