Process for New product Key update

Troy E August 28, 2022

Hello all

I need help , I found the process for installing the renew keys on Jira Server 

My question is does it have to be run on production instance I dont see the options to run it on the Test version of Jira Server ?

Does it require any reboot or restarting of the instance ?

Any risk involved if it fails ?

Will the key propagate between instances , Pre -Prod, Test, and production

Will it interfere with Bamboo or other Atlassian products ?

seems simple but I want to find out the above before I break something critical 

copy >paste> apply ?

thanks in advance 

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2022

No, it is that simple - renew licence, copy new key from licence page, paste copy into the key box in the licence page, apply.

No need to test or restart it.

Risks if it fails are that your server stops being active (it'll go read-only for most users, admins can continue to admin the system, including access to change licences).  Mitigate that by taking a copy of the current key before overwriting it.

The key does not travel, the key is for your one current Jira instance, it won't work on other services, and dev/test systems should be using the associated developer key, not the production one.

Troy E August 28, 2022

Thank you very much

I can't see any spot to change the Key in Test instance ? can you point me to the right spot for Dev licenses key update ?

No buttons are available to update it(Prod has them but not test )Yes I'm admin level access for all instances 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events