I ran a problem that push notifications don't come from our Jira Core instance to the Jira Server mobile App (tested in Android version).
Short description of the instance and a few of my ideas about how to solve this out (with no success):
1. Jira Core Server 8.13.2 (the latest version that supports by Jira Mobile Plugin at 12/19/2020);
2. The instance works behind NGINX proxy for access over SSL;
3. Administration -> System -> Jira mobile app -> Push notifications:
4. Administration -> System -> Security -> Whitelist:
Notifications in mobile app updates only after "pull-down gesture" in the Notifications menu or when I switching to this menu from any other. That means the connection with the instance works as it should. But push-notifications still don't come.
I've tried to mention others and others have tried to mention me; tried to assign someone to a task and vice versa accordingly... At the same time, email notifications work fine, but push-notifications don't.
I have no idea what to do or what I doing wrong. If someone has ideas about how to solve this trouble, please share.
UPD1 (maybe this will help and give you more info)
curl --head localhost:8080/server-info
X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block
Content-Security-Policy: frame-ancestors 'self'
instance-name: Jira Server
Set-Cookie: atlassian.xsrf.token=BVBY-A751-RP08-4IHE_95b432b5e8e9c5c38aebed751b619b55c9454358_lout; Path=/; Secure
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 04:24:55 GMT
curl --head https://jira.domain.com/server-info
date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 04:24:58 GMT
x-xss-protection: 1; mode=block
content-security-policy: frame-ancestors 'self'
instance-name: Jira Server
set-cookie: atlassian.xsrf.token=BVBY-A751-RP08-4IHE_327956be26a28288410a2c8443202518d85063f8_lout; Path=/; Secure
content-security-policy-report-only: default-src https:; script-src https: 'unsafe-eval' 'unsafe-inline'; style-src https: 'unsafe-inline'; img-src https: data:; font-src https: data:; report-uri /csp-report
I've tried to disable reverse proxy and start Jira directly on IP:Port without a webserver. Of course, I changed jira-base-url to http://188.8.131.52:8080. Push notifications still don't work.
An update for the Mobile Plugin for Jira was just released this week, v3.2.3, that fixed an issue for us. Notifications had never worked for us previously due to this error we always got:
2020-11-06 08:37:17,184-0600 http-nio-8080-exec-1 ERROR 517x2281095x1 1xcizzh 184.108.40.206,0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /rest/nativemobile/1.0/push-notification/registration [c.a.p.r.c.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] Uncaught exception thrown by REST service: Create push notification endpoint is unsuccessful with error message: Invalid license
After updating to that latest plugin version, it is at least working properly now for us on iOS. Unsure as of yet about Android, but worth a shot in your case.
For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events