Problem with file attachments when commenting on issue

Adam G November 20, 2020

Hello community, we're experiencing a problem when we try to add an attachment from a clipboard to a comment. It renders ok in the beginning but soonest the "post comment" button is clicked it shows a grayed-out thumbnail with two mountains and an "x" sign. :) Also in the top right corner, the message is displayed saying: "attachments cannot be added on this screen". This is a view/edit issue screen.  

We are able to add an attachment to the issue and then link it to a comment successfully but it's irritating and time-consuming. It only happens when we try to add it during a comment creation.

I've checked permissions, fields configuration, and fields configuration schemes and they are ok. 

Any ideas? 

Thank you 

Adam

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2020

Hi Adam,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

this sounds strange - I know what you mean as for this use case (as today I did the same but it worked out fine on a Jira v8.5 installation).

Which version are you on?
Could you please kindly check atlassian-jira.log if there is a meaningful error logged?

Cheers,
Daniel

Adam G November 24, 2020

Hi Daniel, sorry for the late response. We're on the Jira core 8.5.1 and SD 4.5.1. I've asked a user to recreate the problem and that what was logged in the log. I have removed IP and user name from the log :)

2020-11-24 13:44:15,581 https-jsse-nio-443-exec-615 ERROR first.last 824x4427244x1 1tftesb .... /secure/QuickCreateIssue.jspa [c.o.s.jira.workflow.AbstractScriptWorkflowFunction] Script function failed on issue:..., actionId: 1, file: null
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getOptionId() on null object
 at com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.option.Option$getOptionId.call(Unknown Source)
 at Script4.run(Script4.groovy:35)
2020-11-24 13:44:17,144 https-jsse-nio-443-exec-614 WARN westernacher 824x4427245x1 13ne38u .... /secure/AjaxIssueAction.jspa [c.atlassian.ozymandias.SafePluginPointAccess] Unable to run plugin code because of 'java.lang.NullPointerException - null'.
2020-11-24 13:44:17,316 https-jsse-nio-443-exec-548 WARN firs.last 824x4427247x2 1tftesb .... /browse/SD-2847 [c.atlassian.ozymandias.SafePluginPointAccess] Unable to run plugin code because of 'java.lang.NullPointerException - null'.

Thank You

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2020
[c.atlassian.ozymandias.SafePluginPointAccess] Unable to run plugin code because of 'java.lang.NullPointerException - null'.

This looks pretty much like a troubling App. Please check ALL Apps for possible updates and/or try to narrow down to which is causing this exactly - there has to be one (at least one) that is causing this.

I forgot: in case you use Script Runner please also check all groovy Scripts in place, Listeners, and so on. There is some indication that also there could be the cause.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events