Plugins/servlet/.......

Mando Gu September 15, 2021

Jira version 8.13.7 is my version and I'm running into an issue where none of my pages that require plugins are functioning. 

More specifically, when trying to raise a request, it gives me the oops 500 error and that's as far as it goes. Furthermore, when I try to go into the project settings of any of my pages, the page just hangs there and doesn't go anywhere else. 

I've turned on debugging for "plugins" and can't find a whole lot that catches the eye to tell me. I'm no expert by any means, so if I'm asking the wrong questions, please let me know and I can adjust. 

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2021

Hi @Mando Gu ,

I'm guessing you mean Jira here and not Confluence (going by your tags on this question).

• Did you recently upgrade your system to a new version (or any of the plugins) or did this just start happening out of the blue?
  • Does this also happen with other users or only you?
  • Did you try a different browser to be sure?

For Jira I'd suggest disableing all plugins for a moment and seeing if that helps, if so you can enable them one by one to see if any specific plugin is causing an issue.

Mando Gu September 15, 2021

Another coworker did upgrade our confluence, jira and crowd after the latest major vuln a few weeks ago. I'm not expert and I'm just starting to delve into this so forgive my incorrect tag. 

I don't think he updated the plugins, just the JIRA and Confluence versions. 

It happens to everyone

We've tried Chrome/Edge/Firefox to no avail. 

Mando Gu September 16, 2021

@Dirk Ronsmans Do you recommend I reinstall? Unbeknownst to me, I suppose this part of the installation breaks all else with it, from voting to project configuration so it's crucial. I checked to see if it was firewall traffic just in case and verified all is working through my firewall and wireshark, in the event it was network activity. 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2021

@Mando Gu if you were to reinstall the same version I doubt you would see much change.

A first thing for me would be to go to "manage apps" and see if any of them still need updating and/or try to disable them all first to see if they have an impact on the environment.

Lot's of these apps interact heavily with the entire system so they could be wreaking havoc on your system if it's a defective/old version

@Dirk Ronsmans I used mine in a non-connected network so it makes it a bit more difficult for me to look for the current  versions of it. I'll manually go through it and look for it. I appreciate it and will keep you posted. 

@Dirk Ronsmans 

If I'm reading this, it appears to be a license mismatch of some sort? This happens at the time in which I try to use any of the plugins. 

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.bc.license.JiraLicenseService.isDataCenterLicensed()Z
Caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.bc.license.JiraLicenseService.isDataCenterLicensed()Z
java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.bc.license.JiraLicenseService.isDataCenterLicensed()Z
2021-09-16 15:14:23,784+0000 https-jsse-nio-8443-exec-7 ERROR [o.a.c.c.C.[.[xxxx-jira01-vm].[/].[servlet-module-container-servlet]] Servlet.service() for servlet [servlet-module-container-servlet] in context with path [] threw exception
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.bc.license.JiraLicenseService.isDataCenterLicensed()Z
Caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.bc.license.JiraLicenseService.isDataCenterLicensed()Z
java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.bc.license.JiraLicenseService.isDataCenterLicensed()Z
2021-09-16 15:14:23,778+0000 https-jsse-nio-8443-exec-7 ERROR user_name 914x11706x1 1bdn9zh 10.10.4.93 /plugins/servlet/project-config/CA/summary [o.a.c.c.C.[Catalina].[xxxx-jira01-vm].[/]] Unhandled exception occurred whilst decorating page
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.bc.license.JiraLicenseService.isDataCenterLicensed()Z
2021-09-16 15:14:23,777+0000 https-jsse-nio-8443-exec-7 ERROR user_name 914x11706x1 1bdn9zh 10.10.4.93 /plugins/servlet/project-config/CA/summary [o.a.c.c.C.[.[.[.[jsp.decorators.admin_jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet [jsp.decorators.admin_jsp] threw exception
2021-09-16 15:12:24,421+0000 periodic-de-index-fixer-0 INFO [c.a.j.index.ha.TotalAndSnapshotIndexRepairStats] [INDEX-FIXER] index repair snapshot stats: {"processedDeindexOperations":{"count":30,"min":0,"max":0,"sum":0,"avg":0,"distributionCounter":{}},"processedReindexOperations":{"count":30,"min":0,"max":0,"sum":0,"avg":0,"distributionCounter":{}},"durationIsLongerThanRetentionPeriod":{"count":30,"min":0,"max":0,"sum":0,"avg":0,"distributionCounter":{}},"indexRecoveryMillis":{"count":30,"min":3,"max":14,"sum":123,"avg":4,"distributionCounter":{}},"errors":{"count":0,"min":0,"max":0,"sum":0,"avg":0,"distributionCounter":{}}}
2021-09-16 15:12:24,419+0000 periodic-de-index-fixer-0 INFO [c.a.j.index.ha.TotalAndSnapshotIndexRepairStats] [INDEX-FIXER] index repair total stats: {"processedDeindexOperations":{"count":16290,"min":0,"max":1,"sum":2,"avg":0,"distributionCounter":{}},"processedReindexOperations":{"count":16290,"min":0,"max":0,"sum":0,"avg":0,"distributionCounter":{}},"durationIsLongerThanRetentionPeriod":{"count":16290,"min":0,"max":0,"sum":0,"avg":0,"distributionCounter":{}},"indexRecoveryMillis":{"count":16290,"min":1,"max":146,"sum":70210,"avg":4,"distributionCounter":{}},"errors":{"count":0,"min":0,"max":0,"sum":0,"avg":0,"distributionCounter":{}}}
2021-09-16 15:07:24,421+0000 periodic-de-index-fixer-0 INFO [c.a.j.index.ha.TotalAndSnapshotIndexRepairStats] [INDEX-FIXER] index repair snapshot stats: {"processedDeindexOperations":{"count":30,"min":0,"max":0,"sum":0,"avg":0,"distributionCounter":{}},"processedReindexOperations":{"count":30,"min":0,"max":0,"sum":0,"avg":0,"distributionCounter":{}},"durationIsLongerThanRetentionPeriod":{"count":30,"min":0,"max":0,"sum":0,"avg":0,"distributionCounter":{}},"indexRecoveryMillis":{"count":30,"min":3,"max":8,"sum":120,"avg":4,"distributionCounter":{}},"errors":{"count":0,"min":0,"max":0,"sum":0,"avg":0,"distributionCounter":{}}}
2021-09-16 15:07:24,419+0000 periodic-de-index-fixer-0 INFO [c.a.j.index.ha.TotalAndSnapshotIndexRepairStats] [INDEX-FIXER] index repair total stats: {"processedDeindexOperations":{"count":16260,"min":0,"max":1,"sum":2,"avg":0,"distributionCounter":{}},"processedReindexOperations":{"count":16260,"min":0,"max":0,"sum":0,"avg":0,"distributionCounter":{}},"durationIsLongerThanRetentionPeriod":{"count":16260,"min":0,"max":0,"sum":0,"avg":0,"distributionCounter":{}},"indexRecoveryMillis":{"count":16260,"min":1,"max":146,"sum":70087,"avg":4,"distributionCounter":{}},"errors":{"count":0,"min":0,"max":0,"sum":0,"avg":0,"distributionCounter":{}}}
2021-09-16 15:04:14,775+0000 https-jsse-nio-8443-exec-24 ERROR [o.a.c.c.C.[.[xxxx-jira01-vm].[/].[servlet-module-container-servlet]] Servlet.service() for servlet [servlet-module-container-servlet] in context with path [] threw exception
2021-09-16 15:04:14,773+0000 https-jsse-nio-8443-exec-24 ERROR user_name 904x10817x1 1ru4rn3 10.10.4.93 /plugins/servlet/project-config/CA/summary [o.a.c.c.C.[Catalina].[xxxx-jira01-vm].[/]] Unhandled exception occurred whilst decorating page
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.bc.license.JiraLicenseService.isDataCenterLicensed()Z
2021-09-16 15:04:14,770+0000 https-jsse-nio-8443-exec-24 ERROR user_name 904x10817x1 1ru4rn3 10.10.4.93 /plugins/servlet/project-config/CA/summary [o.a.c.c.C.[.[.[.[jsp.decorators.admin_jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet [jsp.decorators.admin_jsp] threw exception

Mando Gu September 20, 2021

@Dirk Ronsmans Just checking in. I tried to spin up another VM and installing a new intance, and now after I install the application, I can't gain access to the atlassian folder since it's owned by root . Frustrating.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events