Permissions to view issues in Confluence calendar

FRBR National IT February 28, 2022

What permissions or role is needed for users to see issues in a Confluence calendar?

I crated a calendar in Confluence that pulls tickets from Jira SM through JQL statements. When users bring up the calendar, they are not able to see issues (Service Requests & Change tickets) populated to the calendar. I provisioned a Service Desk Team license for one user and she was able to see all issues in the calendar. However, that is not a viable solution. Is there a way to open up permissions for Confluence calendar users without granting SD licenses?  

1 answer

0 votes
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2022

Hi @FRBR National IT 

Welcome to the community!

If the users login with their user account in Service Management are they able to view the ticket in SM directly? If not then they may need to be added to the ticket itself for it to show up.

Only Agents can see all tickets via permission schemes. Otherwise users would have to be added as a contributor.

Before checking/working with a plug-in, check if the base application works view wise and go from there.

Best,
Clark

Thanks for you response, Clark. Users (not Agents) are able to view tickets from the Portal when they click the "All Requests" options. 

My theory is that the tickets that users are not able to view from the Confluence calendar are used globally (i.e., Service Requests) and may have restrictions at a higher level.  

Suggest an answer