Outlook.office365.com: Login too long ?

LACROIX Frederic July 30, 2020

Hello,

We have a problem with the integration of a office365.com mailbox

We have this message: AuthenticationFailedException: LOGIN failed.

The log file:

DEBUG: JavaMail version 1.6.0
DEBUG: successfully loaded resource: /META-INF/javamail.default.providers
DEBUG: Tables of loaded providers
DEBUG: Providers Listed By Class Name: {com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSSLTransport=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtps,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSSLTransport,Oracle], com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtp,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport,Oracle], com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPSSLStore=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imaps,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPSSLStore,Oracle], com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3SSLStore=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3s,com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3SSLStore,Oracle], com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imap,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore,Oracle], com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3,com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store,Oracle]}
DEBUG: Providers Listed By Protocol: {imaps=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imaps,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPSSLStore,Oracle], imap=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imap,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore,Oracle], smtps=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtps,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSSLTransport,Oracle], pop3=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3,com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store,Oracle], pop3s=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3s,com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3SSLStore,Oracle], smtp=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtp,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport,Oracle]}
DEBUG: successfully loaded resource: /META-INF/javamail.default.address.map

The configuration:
PROTOCOLE: SECURE_IMPA
Hostname: Outlook.office365.com
Port 995
Login: 46 characters with "." and "-"

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
LACROIX Frederic August 6, 2020

The problen was a rights to the office account.
Thanks for your help.

[resolved]

Przemysław Grzesiak October 20, 2022

Hi Frederic

Could you please share more details, I ma have been experiencing similar problem.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2020

The log you have given us is not of the actual login, just the connecting part.

The rest of the log should give you an error that tells you why it is failing.

LACROIX Frederic July 30, 2020

atlassian-jira.log:

2020-07-30 13:26:49,081+0200 http-nio-8080-exec-6 ERROR admin 806x866x1 v5e45c 10.153.71.235 /secure/admin/VerifyPopServerConnection!update.jspa [c.a.j.p.mail.webwork.VerifyMailServer] Unable to connect to the server at outlook.office365.com due to the following exception: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: LOGIN failed.

I have 2 mailbox to o365.com.
I can connect with the first address, but with the second, I have this problem.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2020

Ok, Authentication failed is often "wrong username/password", but it can be a lot of other things.  You'll actually need to read the mail server logs to see why it is rejecting the login attempt.

LACROIX Frederic August 2, 2020

If I coy/paste the login and the password on a chrome windows, I can connect.

And I don't have access at the mail server logs.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2020

Then there's not a lot we can tell you.  You need the mail server to tell you why it is giving you that error message.

Suggest an answer