You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
When setting up Jira to use OAuth2.0 I keep getting an error "Unable to connect to the server at outlook.office365.us due to the following exception:java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out". This happens when I test the connection (step 7). Below are the steps that I am running through.
1) Go to Jira configuration > System > Incoming mail.
2) Click Edit next to the mail server.
3) If you use a Microsoft server, select Custom in the Service provider dropdown.
4) Select the OAuth 2.0 integration you’ve configured as your authentication method.
5) Click Authorize to give Jira access to mail.
6) Log in to your mail account. This should display the service provider’s popup asking you to allow Jira to access the account. Click Allow.
7) To verify that everything works, click Test connection. If the connection doesn't work, you will not be able to save your settings.
8) Click Save to complete the process.
Thanks for your question.
Based on the “.us” I’ll assume you are using a GCC account.
We have this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-6998 Closed feature request, where on Jira 4.22 you will have an option to have this configured.
If this is not the case, I recommend you refer to this
community post, which has some detailed steps about how to setup OAuth2.0 in Jira + O365.
Please let us know your thoughts.