Notifications in slack for P1 issues

Pritesh Gohil April 29, 2021

Hi,

I am using the Service Desk.  Also on my laptop I have slack and I have this on my phone as well.

I want to know if it is possible for a customer to raise a P1 ticket and it goes onto the phone with a ringing notification.

For example:  We have several customers.  A customer would like 24/7 support for P1 tickets.   We can't manage the 24/7 desk all the time so I am thinking if there a way a customer can raise a P1 ticket and the phone rings.  Other tickets which are P2, P3 etc shouldn't ring on the mobile

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2021

Hi @Pritesh Gohil ,

You could use the native Slack integration in Jira to trigger a message to Slack for new issues with a particular priority. In this example, I've set a subscription for issues in a project with Highest priority to send a notification to Slack on issue creation:

image.png

If you're not using the "Priority" field in Jira and instead have some other field you need to filter on, you can click "Switch to JQL" on the right side and use a JQL filter.

Once the Jira notifications you want are flowing to Slack, you'll need to manage how Slack alerts your phone. You can set the channel the notifications are going to as "Every new message" for mobile:

image.png

and depending on your phone, you might need to set iOS / Android to allow notifications from Slack to be noisy. For example, my current "Do not disturb" settings on my phone wouldn't allow Slack notifications overnight.

I'd also be remiss to mention that if you're on Jira Service Management Cloud, then you've got OpsGenie bundled with it! From your project settings, you can go to the features page and enable OpsGenie for the project:

image.png

Using OpsGenie, you can set up a rotating On-call calendar. OpsGenie has dedicated mobile apps for iOS and Android that provide really granular notification options. And if you need a literal phone call for this setup, OpsGenie can handle that too!

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 29, 2021

Hi @Pritesh Gohil ,

You can do this using Time to SLA.

Time to SLA works with Service Desk, Software and Business projects.

It has an awesome notifier feature which allows users to send notifications before /after and at the moment of the SLA breach. You can choose to repeat the notification as many times as you want. Also, you can define different notifiers for different SLA Goals!

Slack Message Notifier.pngNotifier Modal.png

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

Gökçe

Please note that I'm a member of the Snapbytes team.

Suggest an answer