Notifications Language

Alejandra González January 19, 2021

Hi,

Some of my team members are receiving the notifications through mail (as a Reporter) with the status en Spanish, for example:

" Angel changed the request to Resuelta" instead of "Angel changed the request to Resolved or Done"

We need it to be all in English.. We have the JIRA language as English.

Can someone help me?

Thank you

Alejandra

2 answers

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

Hi @Alejandra González ,

It's going to the reporter so can I assume it's a customer notification?

Are you on Cloud or on Server?

On Cloud you can check the following: 

https://[yourhostname].atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewTranslations!default.jspa?issueConstantType=priority 

since the priorities are globally defined.

Yes, its a customer notification and Im on Server.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

I'd updated your labels then.

Can you check if there is anything translated then here? 

https://yourhostname/secure/admin/ViewTranslations!default.jspa?issueConstantType=status

Also, check if there are any customer specific statuses

I can view that link all in English, is that ok?

As notifications Im using the Default Notification Scheme in JIRA and there are not specific statuses. 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2021

Well

1. Can you check that customer notification template and see what exactly is filled in as a variable?

2. In that screen, yes it is in English but when you change the language is it translated?

1. This is what's filled as variable: ${event.user.name} resolved this as ${issue.resolution}.

Preview: Grizz Frix resolved this as ${issue.resolution}.

2. Yes, when I change it, it is translated

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2021

Looking at that is seems to be the Resolution itself that in the email and not the status.

${issue.resolution}

So then you'll have to look at

https://hostname/secure/admin/ViewTranslations!default.jspa?issueConstantType=resolution

If you change the language there to Spanish it should be translated. If so and that user has his profile set as Spanish well then its perfectly normal..

Alejandra González January 21, 2021

Great, thank you for the input. Very useful

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2021

Hi Is it for Jira software or Jira Service Management.

If it's for Jira Software

Please check the users browser Language Settings, and Jira default language settings.

If it for Jira Service Management,

Please check Browser language, Jira Language and Project settings --> Language Support choose english

Hi,

Its Jira Service Management and all checks above are in English. We still receive notifications this way (attach image) with the Status in Spanish.

Thanks

image-5.png

Suggest an answer