No text search for scrum board?

Peter_Smogner March 23, 2020

Hello,

As we transfered from the server hosted version to the jira cloud the search field for quick filtering tasks within a scrumboard/active sprint disappeared.

Before it was possible to through a search field quick filter by entering text so that issues/tasks etc. were filtered out within the active sprint. The new search field in the top right of the screen searches not just the current project but all projects.

How do I get it back?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2020

Hello Peter,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Just to make sure that we are on the same page, I would like to confirm if the search bar that you mentioned is the one below:

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 17.29.19.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 17.42.13.png

If so, did you tested creating a brand new project?

Is this issue happening only on migrated projects?

If possible, send us a screenshot of how your board/backlog looks like (just make sure to hide private information).

Regards,
Angélica

Peter_Smogner March 26, 2020

Hello,

As you can see below, my scrumboard is missing that search bar. My project got migrated from a hosted jira version to the cloud I do not now if it only regards for migrated projects.

jira-no-search.PNG

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2020

Thank you for the screenshot, Peter.

Your site looks different than mine. Are you using an add-on or browser extensions?

I tested creating a new project on a site with the new top navigation bar and the menus and board look different. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 10.25.47.png

Would it be possible to create a new project just to test if it will look the same as this one that got migrated?

If you are using add-ons or extensions to change Jira's look, can you please disable it in order to test?

Suggest an answer