New to Jira - inherited a messy setup. How do I edit default story/issue?

Harry_Hache December 16, 2019

Hi folks - sorry for the vauge question - but here are the details...

Having zero experience with Agile, I have been assigned to be a scrum master for a dev team that uses Jira. The folks who configured all the various projects (some active, some not) are all gone and it is up to ME to figure this out.

It appears that we have used a very "default" configuration for most of the setup and we seem to be missing some key fields to track issues (like business value).

What I want to do is edit the default story/issue screen such that only that information we use is present - issue details, story points, business value, milestone date, etc.  I want to REMOVE all of the suggest stuff we don't use to make creating issues easier for my team.

Is it possible to do this? If so, where?  thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2019

I would suggest editing the Screen on the specific issue type.

Create a View/Edit screens as well to filter out fields that you don't need.

Harry_Hache December 17, 2019

Kinda what I was thinking too - but I can't find where to do that and I'm an *admin*!  Like I said - I got thrown into this job and am *just a bit* clueless.

thanks

brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events