New issue view - attachment missing person details

Mark Wheeler April 1, 2021

In the original issue view, in the attachments section, when you hoovered over an attachment it showed you who uploaded the attachment.  This was a really useful feature, but sadly it's been forgotten from the new issue view with the file name shown instead.  Showing the file name is fairly useless as the file name is already shown in the list.

1 answer

0 votes
Juan Manuel Ibarra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2021

Hi! If you change to the list view

Captura de Pantalla 2021-04-02 a la(s) 15.22.40.png

The you have this options

Captura de Pantalla 2021-04-02 a la(s) 15.22.23.png

The eye icon show you the comment thats upload the attachment.

Captura de Pantalla 2021-04-02 a la(s) 15.22.27.png

This is the closer functionality to the upload user data.

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2021

Hello @Mark Wheeler ,

Together with what has already been said by @Juan Manuel Ibarra  I want to add that actually also without changing to list view, you can just hover with your mouse on the desired attachment to get the link to the specific comment where the attachment was added:

Go-to-comment-with-attachment.jpg

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dario

Mark Wheeler April 6, 2021

This is partially useful but unfortunately many of our attachments are added on issue creation or within transitions so the "eye" is not shown as the attachment wasn't added in a comment :-(

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2021

Hello @Mark Wheeler ,

I have created a feature request in our system in order to ask to have this functionality back:

You may want to vote and watch the above feature request so that you will get notified in case of any update. The  feature will be addressed according to the Implementation of New Features Policy.

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events