Need to exclude components for a specific project but I'm pulling results for all projects. How come

Kevin R July 30, 2020

Hello there,

I'm looking to build a filter that excludes a whole bunch of components for my specific project from users who go through Service Desk, our Jira front end ticketing solution. So I only want to pull tickets that are opened by customers ("Customer Request Type" is not EMPTY), excludes all those components listed below, and be only my specific project (BBT)

What's happening though is I'm pulling in results from projects throughout the company. Curious why that is and also how can I clean this JQL up? Thank you.

JQL:
project = BBT AND component is EMPTY OR component != "Data Science" AND component != "Analytics Library" AND component != "DEU" AND component != "Product Configuration" AND component != "Call Library" AND "Customer Request Type" is not EMPTY

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Veronique DUFOUR July 30, 2020

Hi @Kevin R 

I think the only problem is missing parentheses.

project = BBT AND (component is EMPTY OR component != "Data Science") AND component != "Analytics Library" AND component != "DEU" AND component != "Product Configuration" AND component != "Call Library" AND "Customer Request Type" is not EMPTY

Kevin R July 30, 2020

Something so simple. Thank you very much.

Like Avatar likes this

Suggest an answer