Need help with Issue created date query

Piyush Dinde January 7, 2020

Hi, 

I want to filter all the jira tickets which belong to X project and were created Y minutes ago and Can someone please help me with the following query? 

This is what my query looks like: 
project = X AND createdDate > '-20m'

Questions:
1. can someone please explain what is the difference between createdDate and created? 
2. For filtering issues with days I am using 
project = X AND createdDate > '-20d' 

Can someone please confirm if this is correct? Basically I am running an automation basis this filter and it doesn't seem to work. 

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2020

Hi @Piyush Dinde  - I have never seen a difference when using either created or createdDate. Both should work as you intend. 

Your last query should also work - when you run it as a filter, do you get the results you expect? (Outside of the Automation that you are using).

On the time, unfortunately, there is not way to currently do that. You could use createdDate > startOfDay() to see issues created today. But you can't control based on time of day. You could put in a value for minutes inside the ( )  for the time you are running it, but you would have to do that manually and not use with automation. 

Piyush Dinde January 7, 2020

Thanks @John Funk  

I shall try the suggested approach. I think it should work. 

Also, I want to select issues which were created or updated in the project 

project = X AND created > -30d OR updated = -30d 

With this approach I am getting all the tickets from all the projects. Could you help me with the right query? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2020

The main test is to run it and see if it is provided you with what you expect.  :-)

This should do the trick for you:

project = X AND (created > -30d OR updated > -30d)

Suggest an answer