NEED HELP SETTING UP CORE

Norbin Cruz February 4, 2021

I am new to Core and I like help setting it up. Willing to hire someone.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

Hi Norbin - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Have you set up the initial installation at all? In other words, have you done this?

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/set-up-your-site/

Next, I would suggest following up with this:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/get-started-with-jira-core-cloud/

Try to do those and let's see where you get to. 

thanks for the links. taking a look at it now.

Like John Funk likes this

I had Jira Service Desk so lots of these settings were already configured. The issue I am having is that I tried changing the Worflow of Core. After adding a few new steps and transitions I was not able to look at the project in Board.  Took a bit for me to clean it then I was able to see it again.

I have a sales team and we would like to create steps for Opportunity, Contracted, Contract (Round 2nd), Contacted (Round 3), sign or lost.  I just can't figure out how to do it without messing up the view.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

Can you share a screenshot of the workflow?

Core is very limited in what you can do with the board and workflow, but let's take a look. 

I can apply transitions to the last two entries04.02.2021_16.33.34_REC.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2021

I am not seeing the screenshots - can you repost? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2021

And what error are you getting when trying to apply the transitions to other statuses? 

For the last two Linked Status there is no option to apply the transition. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2021

Can you post a screenshot of the Diagram version of your workflow? 

Norbin Cruz February 8, 2021

Solved. Instead of using the text I went back to diagram and connected the points from there. It was much easier. Board is working as we want it too now.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2021

Awesome! Yes, the diagram view is always better for me to use.  ;-)

0 votes

The last two linked Status created I am not able to apply transitions to them. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events