My project disappeared

Jorge Centeno December 12, 2019

Hello,

One of my projects in Jira suddenly disappeared, I created the project 2 months ago and I have admin rights.

I and my team have been adding issues to it and everything worked normal but today the project is gone.

I haven't received any mail or notification saying that the project was deleted, it just disappeared from Jira

As a consequence, the elements linked to this project are not working, like team calendars for confluence and the dashboard items in Jira

Is there a way that I can check if my project was deleted by someone else?

Is there any reason why the project suddenly disappear?

Thank you in advance for your help

Have a good day

Best regards

Jorge

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2019

Hi @Jorge Centeno

Best to check the audit log first. To access, you'll need Site Admin permissions and then:

1. Go to Jira Admin Settings (cog icon in the bottom-left corner)
  2. Select System
  3. Under Troubleshooting and Support down the left-hand menu, select Audit Log
  4. Search for keywords "project deleted" or your project's name

^ This is a good check first to see who might have had access to do this and made a change at an Admin level.

If this isn't the issue, let us know and we can make an alternative suggestion :)

Ste

Dear @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ 

Thank you for your reply, I have confirmed that one user has deleted the project, it is not clear to me why he was able to do so because he has no admin rights

I know there is no way to recover the information of a deleted project so I had to create it again and create again all the issues that we had there

The next step is to cut the hands of the person who deleted the project, even he acknowledge all the messages and warnings Jira gives when deleting a project... lol

Thank you for your time and response

Have a good day

0 votes
Answer accepted
venkatesh December 12, 2019

Hi @Jorge Centeno 

Could You Please Check ON "Audit log  " Hear You Get The Details 

Thanks,

PVS

venkatesh December 12, 2019

And IF you Have  

Recycle Bin for Jira 

Plugin You Will Get the data 

Dear @venkatesh 

We are not using the recycle bin for Jira so the project was unfortunately lost

Thanks for your answer

Have a good day

0 votes
Amar NECER January 10, 2022

Hello my subscription jira and arrive at expiration I renewed the subscription is to my great surprise my projects have disappeared I followed the step as indicated on the forum but I still find nothing that and very problematic thank you for bringing me the solution as soon as possible

Suggest an answer