Moble app won't connect

David Hemond July 20, 2020

This is a new Jira instance, 8.11 with service desk 4.11.  RHEL 8 server with a proxy RHEL 8 server running Apache.  When connecting with the Moble app, I get the "We're missing something" error.

Following the guides I found online I've made sure that Jira Mobile and Mobile Plugin for Jira are enable, but I do not have a Jira Mobile REST API Plugin listed.

I've also tired:

jira.redirect.anonymous.404.errors.disabled

and my Headers seem to be ok:

curl --head localhost/server-info
HTTP/1.1 404
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 18:08:38 GMT
Server: Apache/2.4.6 (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) OpenSSL/1.0.2k-fips PHP/7.2.31
X-AREQUESTID: 848x2053x1
X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Content-Security-Policy: frame-ancestors 'self'
mobile-plugin-enabled: true
push-notification-enabled: true
instance-name: XXXXX
jira-base-url: http://XXXXXXXXXX
is-data-center: false
new-create-metadata-api: true
X-ASEN: XXXXXXXXXXXX
X-AUSERNAME: anonymous
Content-Type: text/html;charset=UTF-8
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Set-Cookie: atlassian.xsrf.token=BQDB-G8U6-1QA3-JTOF_9983dc1cd35d95bbf175b9992cb1b401eba16cea_lout; Path=/
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=C06338513269D20DFB6FA3BD536D57AE; Path=/; HttpOnly

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2020

Hello David,

I've looked through some similar cases we've seen in the past with the mobile app throwing "we're missing something" when connecting through a proxy. I didn't see any apparent issues with the headers and there are only two plugins involved with the mobile app; so you seem to be in decent shape there.

One issue I saw occur across a couple cases was that the jira-base-url needs to match the URL you're entering into the mobile app. I can see you've stripped some of this info out (rightfully so) in your header dump here, but:

curl --head localhost/server-info
jira-base-url: http://XXXXXXXXXX

I'm assuming those server addresses are mismatched, which will trip the app up. The proxy needs to have the same URL as Jira's configured base URL in order for the mobile app to connect properly.

Let me know if that happens to be the case!

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events