Migrate from Jira Server to Clustered Data Center

Anees Sultana August 9, 2021

Hi Team

I am having one server jira instance,6.3 DB Mysql 5.6.22 and i need to move to cluster data center 8.23 postgreSql

Couple of question i have

I am looking for documentation which can guide me to migrate between server and datacenter.

few links are suggesting Jira data center migration App but i cannot use it because my source is on 6.3 and database is also Mysql. according to Jira data center Migration source should be above 7.13 and database should be postgreSql

Do i need to upgrade my source instance before i perform migration? or can i use "Project configuration for Jira" third party add on

Please advise

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2021

The main docs start at https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/migrate-from-server-to-data-center-993929572.html

But.  Yes.  You really should upgrade the Server, ideally to 8.13 (long term release version) or 8.18 if you want to run with the latest.

Go from 6.3 -> 6.4 -> 7.0 -> 7.13 -> 8.13/18 - you might be able to get away with not doing the 6.4 upgrade, but do not skip the 7.0 step - going higher than 7.0 from 6 is known to break your data in "interesting" ways.  

7.0 straight to 8.something is a right pain too.  Although it does not break stuff, it can take five or six times as much effort as 7.0 -> 7.13 -> 8.5 in my experience.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events