Measuring issues that have a linked issue in another project matching a certain condition

Cornelia Richter April 12, 2022

Hi,

I'd like to measure in/outflow on issues in project A that have a link to project B where the linked issue matches a certain condition. I assume I need to import both projects and import the issue links as well, but how to continue from there, do you have an example setup?

2 answers

0 votes

Sorry, the question was related to EazyBI where I want to setup a measurement as described. How can  I use the 'linkedissuesOf' function in htere?

Oskars Laganovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2022

Hi @Cornelia Richter ,

The function 'linkedissuesOf'​ is a part of the ScriptRunner app that works within Jira.
​The eazyBI reports use a separate eazyBI data cube that holds data imported from Jira.

Depending on your requirements, several options might be possible to get the same effect as 'linkedissuesOf'.

​If you want a static filter built into the measure - you might address the linked issues by their issue keys.

​The below sample code fragment creates a set of issues from project A that have linked issues in status To Do and where linked issues are created within the selected time period.
​This set of issues from A could be used in further calculations.

Filter(
--generating a set of A project issues
  DescendantsSet([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
--actual filter
  Count(
 --Filtering the linked issues
    Filter(
 -- Generating set of linked issues
    [Issue].[Issue].GetMembersByKeys([Issue].[Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get('All links')),
--conditions for linked issues - status To Do and created within current reporting period
    [Status].[Status].GetMemberNameByKey([Issue].[Issue].CurrentMember.Get('Status ID')) = "To Do"
     AND
    DateInPeriod([Issue].[Issue].CurrentMember.Get('Created at'), [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember)
   ) --end filter for linked issues
  ) --end count
  >0)

Alternatively, you might import the linked issue field dimension as a JavaScript calculated custom field. Then you might filter A issues based on the value of their linked B issue field through the page filter. 

​The best approach depends on your setup and requirements. If you get stuck - feel free to contact us directly.

​Regards,
​Oskars / support@eazyBI.com

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2022

Hi @Cornelia Richter , What would the condition be? If understand the question correctly, you could use the 'linkedIssuesOf' function from ScriptRunner:

https://www.adaptavist.com/blog/top-10-most-commonly-used-jira-query-language-functions#linkedIssuesOf

Sorry,my question is related to eaziBI where I want to setup a measurement as described. How can I use the 'linkedIssuesOf' function in there?

Suggest an answer