Listener on Create issue & changing custom field

aas July 3, 2019

Hello. I need to catch events:

1) when custom field changed;

2) I need to catch event when issue is created and custom field changed.

For first condition there's no problem I catch this like this 

def change = event?.getChangeLog()?.getRelated("ChildChangeItem")?.find {(it.field.toString() == "fieldName")}

but I don't know how to catch changing of the custom field while creation of issue.

I will be glad to any help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2019

Hi @aas , Welcome to the community ! 

To my knowledge you cannot. If you actually check issue history, fields valued in the create transitions are not displayed because you can just check them directly on the issue.

As a result you cannot catch a change of the field value. So you would have to retrieve its value and compare it to the default value to know if the user has changed it.

Antoine

aas July 4, 2019

Thank you Antoine. I solved that problem making another script and adding it as a post function script. And add that post function to 'create' transition.

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2019

In that case you could use a Listener or a Post-function with the same result, but a post-function is a wiser logical choice I do agree.

Suggest an answer