Link Jira Core Mantis

Alexandre FOURNEL July 1, 2020

Hi all ! :D

I work for a company to help them in a great transformation project of their information system. We found a lot of companies to develop software for the new architecture of the information system. One of them works with Jira Core, which is installed in one of their servers (which belong to them). The version of their Jira Core is 8.6.0 and they are using roughly 2000 computer licence.

In my company, we chose to work with another ticketing tool, which is Mantis. Our use of Mantis is to point out issues of one of the software during the testing moment. The aim of this post is to ask you if it is possible to connect Mantis and JIRA, in order to connect all issues created in Mantis/Jira and updated in Mantis/jira.

Thanks to it, our issues, created in Mantis, would be directly sent to Jira (and to our provider of software who made a mistake in the dev of their app). 

My idea : on internet, I saw that is possible to use API Jira to create/update/close issues in Jira. However, with the python program I wrote, i can't connect to their Jira Core, because the app refused. 

The goal was to pull issues from Mantis, and Jira. Then I would like to compare them, and to create those which don't exist on Jira/mantis, or update them, or delete them, to ensure a complete sync of the both app.

But it is impossible to do this kind of this, for a question of security, maybe ? 

Have you ever deal with this problem ? 

Thanks !

Alex

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events