Kanban board with sprints or Subtasks visible in Scrum board. We need at least 1 of this working

Deleted user February 16, 2019

Lots of documentation about :

Scrum --> Sprints Ok, but how can i add subtakst individualy to a sprint?

Kanban --> No Sprints, but i can manage subtasks....

Please give us a solution for at leat 1 of the cenarios.

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user February 26, 2019

I'm looking for a solution for:

We are a Kanban team, and we are planning our work in 2 weeks window. So the sprints feature is very useful for us. 

As Kanban team, we work a lot with "Subtasks", so in order to have it visible, we need to have a Kanban board. BUT.... with Kanban board we do not have the "Sprint" feature enabled.

So, the solution to have the  "sprint" feature enabled is to define our board as Scrum.... hum... But now the "Subtasks" are not visible!!

So what can we do? All you can evoque all "theories" about this, but this planing mode cocktail is working very weell for us, JIRA is not helping with this limitation

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2019

That does not really explain what you are looking for a "solution" for.

If you are doing Kanban, each issue you have is something that goes on the board and "backlog" (although that's a little contrived - "pure" Kanban simply has a list of things that need doing).

If you are doing Scrum with sprints, your planning and commitment all revolves around Stories (and issues at the same level as Stories).  The backlog lets you plan what you need to, and ignores irrelevancies like subtasks.

So, I'm still not sure what you're looking for a "solution" to?

Deleted user March 1, 2019

Looking to have  "Sprints" feature enabled in Kanban Board

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2019

I am not quite sure what you are looking for as a "solution".

Subtasks are part of a story (or story-level issue), so they can't be moved into sprints separately - they move with their parent issue.  Kanban by definition doesn't have sprints, so yes, that second line is correct.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events