Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in
Deleted user
0 / 0 points
Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira unable to start due to license issue

My server at https://jira.qudini.com wont start after upgrading to 8.1 even though my licenses are all up to date. 

The page to set the license won't load correctly for me to fix this. How do I proceed? 

 

 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Used browserstack to run IE11 with windows 8 in order to actually load the license page and remove the expired license. 

Hi @Fraser Hardy ,

 

Are you using IE as browser?

 

Then just try another browser, sometimes that works in Firefox or Chrome.

 

Best regards 

Bastian 

I'd tried Chrome and Safari and get the same issue. 

Just tried with Firefox and get the same. 

What I don't understand is originally jira was working fine and not complaining of a license issue. We have renewed all licenses months before this upgrade but its now saying the license expired last year. 

I checked the database table productlicense to see if I can override this but its not clear which one to update. There are three rows with ID's 10600, 10601, 10602 

I've eventually managed to get past this by using browserstack to run IE11 with windows 8 in order to actually load the license page and remove the expired license. 

Quite a pain which would have been solve in about 5 minutes if this page would load. I've found many Jira issues describing the same for 7.x and seems its still a problem in 8.1. 

Wow just had to use IE11 to update my license even though it was current after an upgrade from 7.13.0 to 8.8.1 Chrome/Firefox/Safari wouldn't work. My guess is that Atlassian doesn't care to fix this bug so you'll go to their "cloud" offering.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June ask me anything (AMA)

Hello Community members! We’re wrapping up the end of JSM June with an Ask Me Anything (AMA) with the Jira Service Management product team. This is your chance to ask all your ITSM questions to o...

109 views 7 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you