I am looking to create a Google Calendar that displays JIRA tasks assigned to a particular team member, with each task displayed as a calendar event stretching from the JIRA task's start date to end date.
Please let me know if there is any Atlassian-supported way to do this? If not, any suggestions for tried third party options or a starting point to create this would be much appreciated.
Looks like there are a couple of solutions already here. However, let me suggest some alternatives.
1. n8n.io - Great tool. Has a learning curve. Lacks support.
2. Automate.io - Simple to use. Covers a lot of popular use cases.
I'd suggest you try Automate.io as it offers readymade templates to start off your integration. Some of the use cases that this covers are:
- Add an Event in Google Calendar on a New Issue in Jira
- Add an Event in Google Calendar on a New Sprint in Jira
- Add an Event in Google Calendar on a New Worklog in Jira
Here is a link to their Google Calendar to Jira integration page.
I just found this add-on called Expium Calendar - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/csfj-1/server/overview
I'm not sure it can display the extent of the task but it does feature the end task.
Hope this helps!