Jira rest api response time

Daniel Pinto May 4, 2023

Hi All,  I am integrating Jira to React application.

Post request using Rest Api takes about 25 seconds and I am trying to improve this. 

I tried to export Jira issue in Excell file and found that there were more than 1600 fields in one issue. I only use 30 or 40 of them and was thinking this might be the cause of slow response. I am not sure whether I am right or not. 

Does anyone have any idea of how to improve Jira performance?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2023

Hi @Daniel Pinto  Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Try to restrict fields in JIRA API call :-  &fields=assignee,reporter,summary,customfield_12444

If you are exporting data into Excel using JIRA Rest API, then select limited fields which are mapped in your project select in Power Query editor. 

https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/jira-rest-api-examples/#searching-for-issues-and-restricting-the-issue-fields-returned-in-the-results

Thanks,

Vikrant Yadav

Daniel Pinto May 5, 2023

Hi @Vikrant Yadav Thanks for the reply. Any issue that is created using Post request usually have 1600 fields though I only use 40 of them. Search function on Jira cloud works fine I think. It only takes 2 seconds. But creating issue takes about 25 seconds. 

I want to improve this part. 

Like Vikrant Yadav likes this

Suggest an answer