Jira issue.getReporterId() returns JIRAUSER64092 instead of id

Vineela Durbha September 22, 2020

Hi All,

I am trying to fetch jira reporter id using issue.getReporterId() . but it is returning some garbage value like JIRAUSER64092 for certain users.

Can anyone help help on why I am facing this and how to resolve this.

2 answers

0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2020

Has the user been renamed recently?

Vineela Durbha September 23, 2020

I am not sure of that. If the user is renamed does this happen?

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2020

I believe that you are running into this bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-61871

Thanks for providing this link. But this is not the same issue I am facing. It should give username but giving garbage value.

issue.getReporterUser().getName() gave me the correct result.

Like Niranjan likes this
0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2020

Hi @Vineela Durbha ,

The one that you are using does seem to get you the user_key. You may need to use issue.get("reporter") .

Hi Niranjan,

Even trying with your suggestion returns the same. Issue i found is even on jiraissue it is storing the garbage value. Attaching the same.Capture.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events