Jira core cannot starting error server.xml

PKS February 4, 2019

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

2019-02-04 12:46:37,210 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR      [c.a.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher] JIRA has failed to start because of the following errors: [(Event: Level = (EventLevel: error) , Key = (EventType: setup) , Desc = Tomcat is misconfigured , Exception = The server.xml file is missing parameters needed by Jira to handle requests that contain special characters.<br/>)]

I've already see this topic "https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/changing-server-xml-to-handle-requests-with-special-characters-958453799.html"

I follow the knowledge base but still error anyway.

Capture.PNG 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2019

I understand you have gotten this error, and followed that KB, and this error persists.  Given what we know, your server.xml file likely has an additional connector operating on another port (aside from the 8080 we can see in the screenshot) that would also need to have this

relaxedPathChars="[]|" relaxedQueryChars="[]|{}^&#x5c;&#x60;&quot;&lt;&gt;"

parameters added to that file.   If you cannot find this, would you mind sharing your server.xml with us so we can take a closer look?

Also what specific version of Jira is this?

PKS February 5, 2019

My jira-core version 7.13.1

Thank you for your answer BTW, I've fix my problem now. 

Bob Sellers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2019

What did you do to fix this?

Suggest an answer