Jira continuously logs me out after several minutes

Tom Lether March 22, 2016

Hi,

As the topic states, since this week JIRA has been logging me out every so often. Whether I'm creating a ticket, watching a ticket or doing anything else, it just happens. I'm using a Mac with El Capitan installed.

I did the following to find out the problem:

• Cleaning my cookies
  • Checking the box labeled "keep me logged in" (obviously)
  • Logged in using another browser (default: Chrome, other browser: Firefox (without any add-ons))
  • Checked whether this happens for Crucible too, but it doesn't.

Could anybody please give me some pointers?

Thanks in advance.

4 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Tom Lether April 29, 2016

I figured out why I was logged out all the time:

I also used a JIRA integration in PHPstorm but for some reason since I updated PHPstorm to the newest version, this happened. When I removed my credentials from the settings, JIRA stopped logging me out all the time.

JolyonKB June 8, 2016

Happening for me too for the last month on PhpStorm 10 - extremely unproductive feature at this point.  

Has anyone found a work around?  Is there a way to perhaps relax API security in our cloud JIRA settings?

maciej_urbanski August 29, 2016

The same, but with PyCharm, and I have noticed it only last week (I have been using PyCharm 2016.2.1 at the time).

I would sure I disabled it, but after seeing it connecting in pycharm logs I disabled it from Tools menu and now it seems that I'm no longer logged out.

JolyonKB August 29, 2016

This bug is affecting all IntelliJ products with JIRA integration and is being worked on here: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-157507 It has been patched in recent EAP releases for most if not all of their sub-products.

I've been using the latest PhpStorm EAP release for the past week with no problems.  I did have to delete and recreate the task server settings in PhpStorm to get it to work correctly, however.

kootsoop August 29, 2016

@Jolyon Terwilliger : Thanks for the update! I'll see if it helps me, too.

1 vote
Matt H May 9, 2016

I also encounter JIRA frequently logging me out and I also use PHP Storm. However I need the integration with JIRA in my IDE. This is becoming a serious pain and needs fixing.

0 votes
Richard Bagnall December 10, 2019

I also experience this problem and it's a pain in the...

...needs fixing!

0 votes
Tobias Kringe April 28, 2016

I have the same problem. After logging out once, I get logged out all the time. 

I tried all of the things mentioned in the first post.

This is very annoying, is there any solution? (I don't understand "Reindexing process")

Suggest an answer