Jira Sub-Task hide Fields

Björn Thebbe October 12, 2015

Hallo again,

we are currently working on adding sup-tasks to one of our projects.
Is it possible to add custom fields to the sub-task?

We have a Project called "Kundenkontakt" and a sub-task issue type called "Kundenkontakt Sub-Task".

I want to add a sub-task to "Kundenkontakt" with other fields than the parrent issue (Kundenkontakt). Is there a scheme or something similar?

Sorry for the question but Jira is still relatively new for me.

Best Regards, Björn

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2015

Sub-tasks are mostly just seen in the same way as far as the configuration is concerned.

To have different fields for top-level and sub-task issues can be done in several ways, you just need to tell JIRA to use different schemes for the types.  I tend to do it with screens myself, but you can use field contexts and/or field configurations too.  For screens in your case, you set up two sets of screens - one to use by default and a second for the sub-tasks (I'd copy the default one(s) to make the sub-task screens).  You then change the fields on the second set of screens and then use the "issue type screen scheme" to tell JIRA "for sub-tasks use these screens, and for everything else, use the defaults in this project"

S February 18, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

I'm need something similar ... Steps I followed

1. Create a New screen

2. Added fields to this screen

3. Assoicated Scrren Issue Type and screen scheme

But still all the fields are display...

Am i missing any step?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Associating the issue type screen scheme with the project I think

Suggest an answer