Jira Notifications to Slack filtered per user

r.engel March 8, 2019

Hi all,

i want to filter the notifications to only receive them for my issues or comments to my name. 

I did all the necessary steps and created a webhook and added a JQL in 2 ways: 

project = "projectname" AND assignee = currentuser()

or only 

assignee = "myusername"

In both cases the Slack channel did not receive any notifications. 

If I take the JQL out of the webhook configuration, I do receive notifications...but all of the other users too, what I don't want :)

I really hope you can help! Thanks!

Rafael

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2019

Hello Rafael,

Thank you for raising this question.

I understood that you would like to receive notifications of the issues assigned by you, avoiding any other users to receive these notifications. Is that correct?

Could you please let us know if you are using a plugin to integrate JIRA and Slack? If you are using only the webhook functionality, I think it will not be possible to achieve your requirement.

That been said, the most used plugins to perform such integration are:

JIRA CLoud for Slack (Official) - Provided by Atlassian

Slack Jira Integration - By Bitband

Using the second option provided by Bitband, you would be able to easily configure a JQL filter and select what actions should trigger the notifications and who should receive it:

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 16.07.15.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-11 at 16.07.28.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-11 at 16.07.44.png

Let us know if this option works for you. :)

r.engel March 12, 2019

Hello Petterson,

thank you for your help!

What I am trying to achieve is:

- receive all notifications for issues assigned to me
- receive all notifications for comments assigned to me in issues assigned to others
- receive no other notifications

All this in one channel only for myself.

I have installed Slack JIRA Integration by Bitband today and achieved everything but this:
- receive all notifications for comments assigned to me in issues assigned to others

Is there a JQL that I can use for what I want?

Thanks and all the best
Rafael

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2019

Hello Rafael,

Unfortunately, there is no JQL query that could return issues with a specific user mentioned on a comment, however, we have a feature request about this matter here:

JQL search for @mentions

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Also, there are some plugins that you can use to achieve this functionality described by other users in the feature request. The easiest one would be to create a user picker custom field and use the Automation for JIRA plugin to add your username to this field once you are mentioned, so the field could be searched in a JQL.

Let me know if this is an option for you and if you need further details on how you can accomplish that. :)

Suggest an answer