We currently trialing the Jira service desk and would like to know the following please:
1. Can customers use the Jira mobile App to raise issues?
2. Does the customer need a license to raise requests?
3. Is the customer portal available on the Jira app for raising requests?
These questions are key to use buying the licenses as we trying to push customers to use the mobile app /portal on the mobiles to raise request instead of sending through an email request.
So great questions:
1. Technically users can use their device to raise a request. However the portal isnt in the app. I typically just book mark the portal to the home screen of my mobile device. Submitting this way works.
2. No, simply give site access and add as a Service Desk Customer role in your project. Or you can open your service desk up for anyone to submit requests.
3. No but there are some apps on the marketplace that may help:
Hi @Lyle Kippen ,
Our Mobility for Jira app includes a mobile app specifically designed for Service Desk Portal. It even works with 3rd party Service Desk apps such as Refined, Elements Connect, Insight, etc.
iOS Portal App - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mobility-for-jira-portal/id1418961567
Android Portal App - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobilitystream.mobilityjsd
On top of that you also get a mobile app for your Jira Service Desk agents and Jira users.
Try it out.
- The Mobility Team
Hi community 👋, as every Monday we're bringing you a quick update on what happened in the Atlassian ecosystem last week. There were a few interesting events like for example the announcement of th...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events