We are using Jira helpdesk services. I wanted to know:
1. how we can simply add a signature to the end of all outgoing emails.
2. How we can create canned responses.
3. If we can automatically add a customer's information in the email's subject or body.
Thank you all in advance for any advice you can provide.
Hi @Tully Team
Are you're still interested in signatures for Jira?
I'm a UX Designer in the team behind Canned Response Templates Pro for Jira app.
Apart from canned responses / templates, we have recently added advanced support for automatic Signatures.
You can define signatures on global, project and personal level, use specialised macros for inserting dynamic data and more.
If you wish, I'll be more than happy to demo the app for you and learn more about your use case. :)
We are still gathering feedback and suggestions – please do let me know if there's anything more that you'd like to have regarding signatures.
Hi @Tully Team
Welcome to the Community!
I'm not sure I can fully answer all three questions - but I will do my best:
1. Outgoing emails are called notifications in Jira. These can be customised in many ways - and you can learn more about this here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-notifications-do-my-customers-and-service-desk-team-receive/
2. Canned responses are not available in Jira out of the box. You would need to use an add on for this. Email this Issue is one such add on: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/4977/email-this-issue?hosting=cloud&tab=overview - as this is a paid for add on you would need to decide whether it is worth paying to use this.
3. Can you clarify what it is you're looking for here, and who the email would be going to?
Basically, we want to have our signature automatically added to the bottom of all outgoing emails and notifications.
The emails go to customers who create a ticket. So when they contact us about an issue, we don't wanna manually add our signature. Also, we want to be able to select from already prepared answers without having to go and copy and paste them.
I think that add-on would probably do for adding canned responses, but not for email signatures.
Hope that makes sense.
Background When you hear the words ‘Release notes’, almost always you think of an unsolicited email from a software vendor. But I am here to tell you that from our data, sending release notes via E...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events