jira version is 8.3.

Kind Regards,

Yasmeen

2 answers

2 votes
Cristian Ionescu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2020

Hi Yasmeen,

Yes it is possible. You cand map different Email Adresses for diferent issue type:

ex.  If user wil send a email to bug@gmail.com in jira will be created a Bug

ex.  If user wil send a email to task@gmail.com in jira will be created a Task

The main problem is that the reporter will not receive notifications. 

You may fix this issue with Automation for Jira or Script Runner.

Yasmeen Kh January 14, 2020

You mean i have to create many mail handlers for each process? new task, comment, etc?

Cristian Ionescu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

I sugest to build email handlers only for "Create a new issue or add a Comment to Existing Issue".

The main problem will be with the notification.

The Reporter will not be notify about: The ticket is created. The status in change. The issue is updated.

For this issue you can:

1.Build you own scripts in Python importin Jira library

2.Use Plugins: Automation for Jira, Script Runner

Create.PNG

Yasmeen Kh January 15, 2020

Hi Cristin,

we already have an email handler for the project and configuration set to create a new issues..
We faced a problem within the unlicensed users, their emails stuck on the mail handler queue.  based on my research, i found we can use jira plugins such as receive me plugin and i need to find another way instead of using plugin ( free resources)

Thanks for your efforts

Cristian Ionescu
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2020

Your are using Jira Software or Jira Service Desk?

Jira software

Cristian Ionescu
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2020

In Jira software i think you need to have the user add to jira-users Group.

adding the user to jira-users group will grant him access to all Projects.

Cristian Ionescu
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2020

You can fix this from Permissions.

I did some investigation in our system and found that the only permission that jira-users have is browse permissions. Another question, adding the user to jira-users group affected the licenses number? as i have a limited number of licenses.

Moreover, is there any way to add any user send emails to mail handler to jira-users group automatically. instead of checking the mail handler inbox and add the sender to jira-users groups as they are not added to jira-users by default.

Thank you

Cristian Ionescu
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2020

Yes once a user is added to jira-user will consume a license.

The best solution is tu use Jira Service desk( In Service Desk you pay only the License for Agent the Customers are Free so you can have as many as you want Customer= Reporter) with mail handlers and The option below set in Customer Permission:CUstomers.PNG

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2020

HI @Yasmeen Kh 

Welcome to the community!

Can I ask...What do you mean Open issue?

Yasmeen Kh January 14, 2020

I mean creating issues and comments using email for a project

Roja Gurram October 9, 2020

Hi All,

Can someone explains me What do mean by Mail Handler pls? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events