JQL to show WHO was the last person to update a ticket (want to show this in Structure)

BernardH December 18, 2019

Anyone know how to add a column in Structure that shows WHO was the last person to update an issue? I know I can go to History and find this info, but I want to see it in structure without having to click into specific issues. Currently I can add Updated which shows the date/time but not who. Suggestions?

I am not using any script runners or custom plugins. Seems like this was reported being "added" to JIRA 8.0 back in 2018 but I can't find the right field name or JQL.

Thanks in advance!

Bernard

1 answer

1 vote
Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2019

If you are not using any plugins I am afraid this is not currently possible. You can in JQL use "issuekey IN updatedBy(jsmith)" for example but it won't help you get the information in a column or show who actually updated it last time.

If you would have used a plugin like scriptrunner/automation for jira my suggestion would be to create a new custom field called "Last updated by" (or similar) and then set that custom field to the person who just updated the issue. It's a bit of a hacky solution but I think it would work.

But since you aren't using any plugins I am quite sure you cannot access this information in a clear and easy way in a column.

Suggest an answer