JQL search for recent comments containing string

Pavel Antonenko September 23, 2020

We need to get all tickets when user is mentioned recently (e.g. last X days). So basically restrict "comment ~ currentUser()" to some period of time comments were made.

Our instance is Jira Server with Script Runner installed.

I checked "issueFunction in commented" function in Script Runner, but it seems it doesn't allow search by comments text.

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gustavo Félix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2020

@Pavel Antonenko 
project = XXX and comment ~ currentUser() and issueFunction in commented("after -1d")
That jql is searching for comments with the username and after -1 days.

I believe that's what you are searching.
You can modify the "-1d" for other parameters.

Gustavo Félix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2020

Just realized the jql will find issues commented today but not necessarily with a comment (From today) including the username.

Gustavo Félix
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2020
Pavel Antonenko September 25, 2020

Gotcha, thanks for sharing, Custom JQL functions can be the thing I'm looking for!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events