JQL question, Issues with a sprint filter

Toby Moore April 1, 2021

Ive got quite a big query which I'm using to determine tickets that need to be looked at in backlog refinement (either new or over 28 days since we last looked at them). What I'm trying to find is:

• Tickets that have no priority and are not in the current or a future sprint
  • Tickets that have no previous review date and are not in the current or a future sprint
  • Tickets that have a previous review date over 28 days ago and are not in the current or a future sprint

So individually I have these queries:

Tickets that have no priority and are not in the current or a future sprint

project = AEA AND issuetype = Story AND status not in (Done, Closed) AND priority = "Not Set" AND sprint NOT IN (openSprints(), futureSprints())

Tickets that have no previous review date and are not in the current or a future sprint

project = AEA AND issuetype = Story AND status not in (Done, Closed) AND "Priority Last Reviewed Date" = EMPTY AND sprint NOT IN (openSprints(), futureSprints())

Tickets that have a previous review date over 28 days ago and are not in the current or a future sprint

project = AEA AND issuetype = Story AND status not in (Done, Closed) AND "Priority Last Reviewed Date" >= -28d AND sprint NOT IN (openSprints(), futureSprints())

Im pretty sure its a problem with how im using "(openSprints(), futureSprints())" because when I drop this off it brings back the entire contents of my board, when I add this it drops loads of items including ones that are in the backlog. Any thoughts would be really appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Toby Moore April 1, 2021

Ive solved my own problem "(openSprints(), futureSprints())" only pulls back issues that have a sprint, so if the sprint field is empty it doesnt find them so "(Sprint = EMPTY OR Sprint not in (openSprints(), futureSprints()))" worked!

Suggest an answer