JQL: filter issues based on label and not a specific Epic Link

Catherine February 18, 2021

Hello all,

I can create a filter to return all issues where:

labels = Dev_Review AND "Epic Link" = 1233

However, if I try to filter all issues that don't have the 1233 Epic link it doesn't return anything when there are at least 4 issues:

labels = Dev_Review AND "Epic Link" != 1233

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Hi Catherine - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You have to use the is empty to get the correct results. Fazila's JQL is correct. 

What is it returning that you are not expecting to see? 

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Hi @Catherine 

Can you try 

labels = Dev_Review AND ("Epic Link" != 1233 OR "Epic link" is empty)

Catherine February 18, 2021

Hi @Fazila Ashraf ,

I don't want to use "Epic link" is empty, because I don't want to remove all issues with Epic links, just the specific epic link 1233

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2021

@Catherine  , note the OR operator in ("Epic Link" != 1233 OR "Epic link" is empty)

The 4 issues that you expect to be returned for your query 'labels = Dev_Review AND "Epic Link" != 1233' , do they all have a proper epic link?

Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 23, 2021

Hi @Catherine, yes, this labels = Dev_Review AND ("Epic Link" != 1233 OR "Epic link" is empty) - should work for you. 

For the next cases when you won't know how to build a complicated request next time, you can try Dynamic Filter: JQL Replacer for Jira (created by my team).

It has the flexible builder that allows creating requests without JQL knowledge.

завантаження.jpg

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events