JQL Query for Story list with Feature Labels

Nicole SieLow
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 7, 2021

Is there a way I can build a JIRA JQL query to show a list of stories connected to features with a specific label? My features are in a different project used by our company and the stories all sit in multiple other projects. 

Feature level Project =  "MM1PP"

label = x

Story projects like IOP1, IOP2 etc

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

Hi Nicole,

We use the following which is a life saver: plugin: https://kintosoft.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LH/pages/51548138/JQL+functions#JQLfunctions-linksHierarchyFilter which you will have to purchase.

Actions:

1. Create a new filter that contains all features with label "x" and save it as Filter ABC. e.g

project = MM1PP and and label = "x"

2. Then you create a new filter: issuetype in (story) and issue in  linksHierarchyFilter("Filter ABC")

3. All stories under feature that have label x will display.

0 votes
Hyrum Steffensen _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2021

Hello Nicole,

Returning linked issues via JQL is not supported out of the box. However, you can do so by using a plugin with JQL support such as Power Scripts. 

For more information on doing this with Power Scripts, please see this documentation.

Your script would look something like:

string [] result;
string [] jql = "key in hasLinks('" + argv[0] + "')";
string [] issues = selectIssues(jql);

for (string issue in issues) {
    string [] linkedIssues = linkedIssues(issue);
    for (string linkedIssue in linkedIssues) {
        if (linkedIssue.issueType == "Story") {
            result += linkedIssue;
        }
    }
}

return result;

The search would look something like the following:

key in silJQLList("scratch.sil", "project = EX AND labels = label1")

Full disclosure, I am a support engineer for Anova Apps, an Appfire Company.

Suggest an answer