JIRA Structure - Sum over Subitems for formula field for a project schedule

Lexi April 12, 2023

I created a column that gives me the number of days of effort left on a task based on the remaining estimate field. this is working great. i am summing over subitems so that i can tell for the parent groupings i creating how may days of effort are left for the overall period.

the problem i am running into is that if the remaining estimate is filled out on a subtask, it also disaplys on the parent, which is then summed and doubling the data

example:

one task A with a subtask of B

subtask of B has 24hs (3days)

this shows on the parent task as well (just how jira works) so task A has 24hrs as well (3days)

this means that in structure, task A shows 6 days when really there is only 3 days of work left.

how do i fix this? I want to see that April-May 2023 only has 3 days of effort left.

structure.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Lexi April 12, 2023

i think i may have found a change that works by adding to my IF statement "if issuetype != subtask" - still investigating and open to any other suggestions

David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 24, 2023

@Lexi , this would be my suggestion as well.  Is it working for you?

0 votes
Aykhan Mustafayev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 29, 2024

up

Suggest an answer