JIRA REST API in BI-Qliksense is not returning data

Sambamurthy Pusala October 14, 2019

Hi All, 

I am BI resource and trying to retrieve JIRA records into BI Qlik Sense tool using REST API.

added few screen shots on below Qlik Sense community.

Appreciate your help.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Community-Corner/JIRA-REST-API-in-Qliksense/m-p/1634450#M10490 

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2019

Hi Sambamurthy,

I understand you are using this other tool, BI Qlik Sense in order to try to make REST API calls to a Jira Cloud site, but it appears to be failing.

It looks like you're trying to authentication to Jira Cloud using basic auth with a password here.  I regret to inform you that Atlassian has deprecated support for basic authentication with passwords as of June this year. You can read more about this notice in Deprecation notice - Basic authentication with passwords and cookie-based authentication.

As such you won't be able to make REST API calls to Cloud with just your username and password. That said, you could likely get around this by creating an API token for your account and using that instead of the password. Try that first and see if it works within that existing tool.

It is possible that this too might not work as expected.  If that happens, it could be that the use of the token in that manner is not supported in that specific fashion.  In our documentation on using these tokens, they tend to have to be encoded into another string and passed into a header via REST to work correctly.  More details in Basic auth for REST APIs.  If this is the case, I fear that this other tool won't be able to make REST calls directly to Jira without some modification to incorporate these API Tokens in the manner Jira Cloud is expecting them to be received.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events